Monday, July 18, 2011

The Old Barn on the Hill





Barn Charm 8. I'm posting for Barn Charm two weeks in a row. That has never happened. I was out and about yesterday morning. I picked some red raspberries, mmmmmm. (not recommended to do in shorts, though) Then I found a patch of wildflowers that held my interest for a while. And on the way back to town I swung by this barn. I posted this barn before, but only as a header, I think. And that was years ago. There is another one nearby across the creek I'll post it sometime it had a little surprise attached to it. Imagine what this barn would have looked like if it got a coat of paint once in a while.

8 comments:

barry said...

One of my favorite barns , often thought this barn would look great painted. Good location close to town sitting on a hill. House and barn both needs some TLC.

Anonymous said...

She's a beauty with or without paint, but boy, a coat of paint would freshen her up... & I love the corn field in the foreground... also, the cupolas! WoW! =)

Thank you so very much for posting her for Barn Charm!!! =)

Rose said...

This is a beautiful barn! It looks to be in fine shape, too.

Mari said...

This is a beautiful barn!

Jan n Jer said...

Great old barn...love the setting and those cupolas really stand out! I prefer the rustic look...it adds to the charm.

Tanya Breese said...

i think it's beautiful just like it is!

Elaine said...

Beautiful! I think I like the patina of age and I'm not sure it would be so attractive with a new coat of paint.

EG CameraGirl said...

The corn looks like it's a week or two ahead of ours. Neat shot of the barn at the end of the field.